My son/daughter has applied college
What happens next?
- They will get an acknowledgement of their application either online or through the post.
- They will receive a text confirmation of their interview date and time, this is followed by an email with more details. If we have your (the parents') email address we will send a copy of the interview details to you as well. If we do not have a mobile or email address for the student we will send this information by letter.
- They will need to bring a copy of the email or text with them to the interview.
- The interview will help us to make sure they are applying for the right course and we will offer them a place after explaining the grades they will need to achieve at school.
- Over the summer we will stay in touch and our College Advisers will be available to answer any questions you or they may have.
- When they receive their GCSE results, we will be on hand to give any advice and we can help them if they did not get the grades they needed.
- New students are sent an enrolment appointment (the end of August/beginning of September) and at enrolment they will meet their tutor, pick up their identity card and find out where to go on their first day.
What happens at an interview?
All students who apply to the college will be interviewed. You are welcome to come to the interview with them. The interview will take place with a college lecturer who will discuss with your son/daughter/ward their course choices and the required grades. It is also the opportunity for students and parents/guardians to ask any questions they have. You’ll also be able to find out more about travel and finance. Some students may be asked to complete an initial assessment to make sure they study at the right level for them. At the end of the interview they will receive a college offer form, which advises the grades we expect them to achieve from their GCSEs in order to study on their chosen course.
What happens at enrolment?
After your son/daughter/ward receive their GCSE results they will attend an enrolment appointment at college. At the appointment we will check that the student has achieved the grades required to do the chosen course and they will fill in the paperwork needed to become an Exeter College student.
We will send an enrolment pack in early to mid-August which will include the details of the enrolment appointment. The enrolment appointment will take place between Friday 25th August and the start of term, so try not to book your holiday then. If the student cannot make their enrolment appointment it is essential you let us know as soon as you receive your enrolment pack so we can arrange another time.