What is Clearing? What does it mean for you?
Monday 14 August 2017
With A Level Results Day – Thursday 17th August 2017 – almost here there is no escaping the fact that this can be a very nerve racking time. Yet if you don’t get the results you are expecting, please don’t panic. This is your chance to enter what is known as Clearing.
Confused? Ok, so what is Clearing? Put simply, Clearing gives you the chance of finding a degree level course starting this September. Who is it for? It might be you haven’t done as well as you had hoped, have changed your mind on your course, or want to do a course but haven’t applied.
More than 65,000 students across the UK secured a place through Clearing last year, according to UCAS. This means that you will not be alone. But a little extra support doesn’t hurt. That’s why we’ve put together some hints and tips for those getting their A Level Results, (as well as those with BTEC and International Baccalaureate results).
Hints and Tips about Clearing 2017:
- If you are getting your results, look after yourself – try to get some sleep beforehand;
- Results Day itself can be stressful, but stay calm as much as possible;
- Have your UCAS Track sign in details with you;
- Make a note of the UCAS contact details you may need, find them at www.ucas.com/ and charge your mobile;
- Hopefully you will get the results you need, but if you don’t, don’t panic – there are always other options:
- Consider all of your options;
- If you would like to speak to us about studying a degree level course at Exeter College through Clearing, please call our Clearing Hotline on 01392 400200;
- Good Luck. Remember, you are amazing whatever happens.
We’re Gold. Do Your Degree Differently, at Exeter College
Did you know you can benefit from Gold-rated University Level teaching, stay in Devon, and choose from a wide choice of courses? Well, you can – at Exeter College.
Exeter College has opened its application process for those hoping to enter through Clearing, and start their degree level course this September 2017.
The college’s University Level teaching is rated as ‘Gold’ for delivering consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes. See here for the full story here.
The college works in partnership with well-respected university partners and awarding bodies, as part of its Centre for University Level Studies, enabling students to study in Exeter and at the same time benefit from quality and a wide range of courses.
Secure Your Place.
Call Exeter College’s dedicated Clearing Team today on the Clearing Hotline Number 01392 400200 or visit us here for more information and advice.