How to get the most out of your open event
Friday 06 October 2017
We are excited to welcome you to our first open event of the year.
Maybe you already know what your plan is for next year, maybe you are a bit unsure about what is next for you. Whichever it is, we think that by coming along to one of our open events you are taking the next exciting step into your future. We hope that by visiting us we can inspire you to think about your future and open your eyes to all the amazing possibilities and opportunities that we can offer.
On 16th October all our college sites are open for you to visit including the Technology Centre and our Construction site, Falcon House. Our fantastic specialist facilities are part of what makes us great so it’s really important you visit the subject area you are most interested in. This will also give you the chance to talk to our staff about the courses you are interested in and means we can make sure your next step is the right one for you.
Here are our top tips for making sure you get the most out of your visit.
- TALK to us - if you are unsure about what subjects to take then we are the best people to ask. Our lecturers will be able to inspire you and tell you about what you will learn from their course. We also have specialist advisers who can help you make informed decisions about your choices.
- Step out of your comfort zone - you might have always known which subjects to take next but maybe you should see what else is on offer, just in case.
- Cover all your options - talk to our experts about A Levels, BTECs, vocational and technical programmes, Access to HE, Degrees and Apprenticeships, that way you have all the information you need and you can make an informed decision.
- Visit our facilities - whether you want to study Engineering, Music or Science, it’s worth visiting the buildings where these subjects are based. You will have the chance to see the equipment you will be using on an everyday basis and speak to students who currently take those subjects.
- If there is an extracurricular activity that you are interested in then make sure you take a look at the academies that are on offer with us. We have a wide range of academies covering subjects such as music, journalism, performing arts, sports and even academies aimed at getting you into world class universities.
- Have a chat with our current students - there is no better way to find out about college life. There will be student representatives based in all our city centre sites so if there is anything you’re worried about, just ask!
- Grab a free tea and coffee and just sit down and think it all through, that way if you have any more questions, we're here to help.
- Go to a Principal's talk - this is a great way of finding out about the college, our staff and students and how we can help you on your next steps.
- Gather as much information as you can - As well as teaching staff and college advisers, there will also be people to talk to about travel and bursary.
If you haven't already pre-registered for the event, you can do so here. Can't make this one? Don't worry, we hold open events throughout the year. See here for other dates.
Back to the home page.
Back to the news home page.