Why study with us?
Our Centre for University Level Studies is an exciting, friendly and purposeful place to study. We have a reputation for academic excellence and our partners further strengthen our exciting and high quality university level programmes.
Our experience becomes yours
Our lecturers have all worked to a high level in their industry, employment sector, or on a self-employed basis, so you’ll benefit from both their vocational and academic knowledge and expertise. We get to know our university level students as individuals and establish a good working relationship with them, with the aim of helping them to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We bring your career to you
We have strong links with local and regional employers, such as Flybe, because we recognise the importance of applying theory to real working practices to prepare you for employment. The practical knowledge and skills that you will learn during the course will be invaluable in your career and make you more employable. You will have live briefs, work experience, employer master classes and support from our employability and progression team. The Exeter area benefits from investment and development which is boosting employment opportunities and unemployment continues to be below the national average.
Your voice will be heard
Our university level students tell us they choose our Centre for University Level Studies because they enjoy the benefits of a personalised approach to teaching and a much more supportive environment than traditional universities, with small class sizes, one to one support, flexible studying and a comprehensive tutorial system. Studying with us means your voice won’t get lost in a busy lecture theatre. We also have study areas specifically for our university level students.
Great spaces to learn
Our sites include a range of specialist technical and professional facilities. There is a purpose built drama theatre, a high definition TV studio, photographic studio and dark room facilities, a music centre with recording studios, a fully equipped gym and multi-purpose sports hall within our city centre sites. Our technology, construction and outdoor education centres are also well equipped to meet the needs of our university level students.
Exeter is a vibrant, university city with a reputation for an outstanding quality of life.
Exeter is your campus
- Visit the historic Exeter Cathedral – one of the great cathedrals of England.
- Take a walk through the underground passages - the only passages of this kind open to the public in Britain.
- Shop till you drop – Exeter has it all from quirky independent shops to high street legends.
- Eat and drink - The city has a plethora of choice, whatever your taste buds. Enjoy an evening cocktail down by the quayside, sip coffee on the cathedral green or take your pick from one of many excellent restaurants at Queen Street Dining
- Take a trip – Dartmoor National Park is less than 25 miles away. With a rugged landscape, Bronze Age stone circles and beautiful forests and rivers – this iconic part of Devon is not to be missed.
- Make the most of your surroundings and go and explore – take a walk down the historic streets of the city centre, cycle along the estuary at Topsham or soak up the atmosphere in the Castle Quarter – a green sanctuary in the centre of a buzzing city.
- Catch a show - With an array of theatres, museums and galleries why not brush up on your local history at Exeter’s award winning museum (RAMM ) or make the most of great local theatres such as Exeter Phoenix or The Bike Shed Theatre .
- Learn to surf or sail or just take a swim – with the nearest beach only 12 miles, Devon’s coastline offers something for everyone.
- Spend an afternoon on Exeter’s Quayside – with an interesting history, beautiful architecture and plenty of water sports available, not to mention food and drink, this is a popular destination amongst local and visitors.
- Have a Devon cream tea – it’s a must. Exeter is lucky to boast a wide range of independent tea and coffee shops so whether you prefer tea with a view or coffee and a book, your perfect choice is just waiting to be discovered.
Don’t forget Exeter has great connections to the rest of the country. London is three hours away on the train or you could hop on a bus to Bristol and be there in under two hours. Maybe you fancy something further afield… Exeter Airport flies to numerous destinations all over Europe, perfect for a weekend getaway.
Need help or advice?
Our Higher Education Adviser is on hand to answer your questions during the application stage as well as while you are studying as a university level student. She can help you whether you need course advice, information on how to apply or want to know more about student life, financial support or accommodation. Phone 01392 400909 or email HEadviser@exe-coll.ac.uk