Research and scholarship are fundamental to University Level education. Our university level staff regularly engage in research and scholarly activities to extend and enhance their subject specific knowledge and professional skills. These activities include attending and presenting at conferences, writing papers, gaining qualifications such as Masters or Doctorates and developing industry skills.
Peer Review and Scholarly Activity group
The group meets five times a year and engage in academic discussion and peer support.
Topics for 2014-15 included:
- Ideas for engaging in research for staff and students - launching the Research
- Alternative methods of assessment
- HEA (Higher Education Academy) opportunities
- Promoting reflective practice with students
- Research staff case studies
University level staff conference
All of our university level staff attend an annual conference to share best practice and to hear from topical guest speakers.
2015 – Student Engagement, Enhancement and the Student Experience:
- Keynote Speakers: ‘Sharing Best Practice on the Student Experience’.
- Lead Student Representative: ‘The Student Experience - Feedback from the student body gathered whilst writing the SWS’.
- Round table discussions: subjects discussed included Inclusive Feedback Empowering Learners, International Project Work and Student Research and Assessment.
Staff research and scholarly activities
Staff undertake a range of research and scholarly activities over the year which includes:
- Research into current market place for creative writing, meeting with Elsevier Press Journal
- Geotechnical Course (CPD)
- Law Unit for Construction (CPD)
- Staff Art Show
- Personal art and photography projects
- Attendance at conferences and university lectures
- Poster presentation at Assessment Conference
- Achieving Higher Academy Fellow status
- Masters and Doctorates