Funding Information

Advanced Learner Loan

Aged 19 or over and thinking about studying? You may qualify for an Advanced Learner - a Government loan - to pay your course fee if you are aged 19 or over studying at Level 3 to 6. Find out more about Advanced Learner Loans.

If you have any questions about the Advanced Learner Loan, please do not hesitate to contact our Professional & Adult Learning Adviser on 01392 272260 or

Student Financial Support

If you are struggling with paying for the costs of studying at college, and your household income is under £25,000 you can apply for financial assistance with essential course costs.

Application forms – 2019/20 Academic year

Applications for financial support are currently not open, and so please click here to leave your details and a form will be emailed or posted out to you.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Student Welfare Administrators on:
Telephone: 01392 400526


Students under 20 years old can get financial help with their childcare costs from Care to Learn.

Care to Learn will pay for:

  • Childcare costs while you learn
  • A deposit if one is charged
  • Travel expenses to and from your child care provider

If you are aged over 20 and your household income is under £25,000, you may be eligible for help with childcare costs. You will need to complete a separate application form, in addition to the Student Financial Support Application Form. Childcare costs can be paid for Ofsted registered childcare, and once all governments allowances have been deducted.

change from a purse
back to top