My son/daughter has applied college
What happens next?
- They will get an acknowledgement of their application either online or through the post.
- They will receive a text confirmation of their interview date and time, this is followed by an email with more details. If we have your (the parents') email address we will send a copy of the interview details to you as well. If we do not have a mobile or email address for the student we will send this information by letter.
- They will need to bring a copy of the email or text with them to the interview.
- The interview will help us to make sure they are applying for the right course and we will offer them a place after explaining the grades they will need to achieve at school.
- Over the summer we will stay in touch and our College Advisers will be available to answer any questions you or they may have.
- When they receive their GCSE results, we will be on hand to give any advice and we can help them if they did not get the grades they needed.
- New students are sent an enrolment appointment (the end of August/beginning of September) and at enrolment they will meet their tutor, pick up their identity card and find out where to go on their first day.
To see when term starts click here.
What happens at an interview?
All students who apply to the college will be interviewed. You are welcome to come to the interview with them where they will talk through their course choices with a member of staff and get the chance to ask any questions. You can also find out about travel and finance. Some students may be asked to complete an initial assessment to make sure they study at the right level for them. At the end of the interview, they will be offered a place after explaining the grades they will need to achieve at school.
Level 3 students will find out about our Flying Start assignments at enrolment. These are short pieces of introductory work to help students get a feel for their new subjects and the type of work expected in their first year.
Keeping you informed
Click here to download our guide for Parents, Guardians and Carers.