The Sports Academy is designed to provide an opportunity for talented and gifted sports performers to focus on their chosen sport, in a supportive and specialist environment, whilst also gaining academic and vocational qualifications.
The Academy benefits from excellent links and partnerships with local organisations including:
- Exeter City FC
- Cullompton RFC
- Fitness First
- Exeter Golf and Country Club
- University of Exeter’s Tennis and Cricket Centre's
The Sports Academy has produced sports performers and teams of the highest quality - many of which have gone on to study at university level or successful careers within sport. Former Sports Academy students include:
- Elliot Frear and Scott Bennett Exeter City FC
- Richard Bolt Harlequins Rugby Union
- Mica Evans England U20 Women’s Rugby
- Simon Cooper Triathlon GB Olympic Talent Programme
- Harry Snow Youth Class Supercross Championships
- Harrison Greenberry – Golf England U18 & finished 8th in International U21 tournament
- Eleanor Parker - Surf Life Saving Great Britain Squad
- Sophie Hutchings – Rowing U18 GB Junior trials
Our current Sports Academy programmes are:
- Football (men’s and women’s)
- ACES (Advanced Conditioning for Elite Students) - This scheme creates a unique environment to help Elite sports performers gain specific conditioning for their respective sports
- Complete the Sports Academy Player Information Form (download below) and submit it with your Exeter College Application Form. You will also be asked to supply references from your coach to support your application.
Sports Academy Player Information Form in PDF
Sports Academy Player Information Form in Word
- You will be invited to attend trials or meetings to discuss your individual sport.
- You will be asked to make a contribution to the cost of the Sports Academy. See below.
Individual Sports Academy costs:
You will be asked to make a contribution to the cost of the Sports Academy. Prices for 2012 are to be confirmed. Prices exclude Sports Academy Kit, Second year students do not need to purchase new kit.
For more information on the Exeter College Sports Academy contact:
Chris Wall (Sports Academy Coordinator)
Telephone: 01392 400309