- Take part in a programme of extra-curricular activities, designed around your needs, which will challenge and inspire you to aim high and achieve more.
- Attend regular one-to-one help, advice and mentoring sessions to support your university and career choices.
- Take part in a selective university preparation programme to help you to succeed in applications to Oxford, Cambridge, Science and Medicine courses and the very competitive Russell Group of universities.
- Join other like-minded high flying students and work together on projects and initiatives like the Reach Academy newsletter - click here to read the latest version.
The programme of events changes each year, but typically includes:
- a residential visit
- inspiring master classes and lectures from top professionals
- conferences, scholarships, internships and
- competitions, debates and discussions
You will also have access to the Young Gifted and Talented Academy, including online resources and subject focus days.
There are limited places on the Reach Academy. You will need to achieve A or A*
grades in all academic subject GCSEs and show a strong motivation to develop
yourself. You will be selected based on your academic qualifications and following an interview with the Reach Academy Coordinator.
As a member of the Reach Academy, you will commit to 60 hours a year for Reach activities in addition to your course studies - this is the equivalent to about 2 hours a week. The Academy is free but there will be charges for some events and activities. Some financial support may be available where there are costs involved.
Please click here to
download an application form. The closing date for applications for September 2014 is the 28th of February 2014.